I have 08 saleen racecraft mustang. It has 501hp to rear wheels. Manual trans. Shifts fine, but when i really rip into it, i miss second sometimes. It is like it wont go in because it has not stopped spinning. I was told it could be because of the hp, and it still having stock clutch. I was thinking of putting in a Mc Leod clutch. Let me know if anyone have this problem. Thanks Bob

Asked by Mar 31, 2013 at 06:11 PM

2,980

I don't think it's the clutch at all. Probably a "sync row" gear. That is a Much narrower gear made of a softer metal the same diameter as the gear itself. It spins separately from the gear It is mounted with. Anyway it's purpose is to smoothly mesh two gears into each other when shifted. In fact it's one of the things replaced When a manual transmission is rebuilt. Could Google it for a better understanding. Guess number two Could be a slightly bent shift fork.

25,445

Agreed probably a syncro