why is there gallons of gas in the crankcase. 2000 Dodge van ram 1500 318

Asked by Mar 30, 2013 at 04:34 PM

oh no. how long has it been in this condition? Does it run okay? or like a guy sprintin' with a wooden leg? If it is a leaking fuel injector would not run right, but this is our only choice here, so stop the vehicle, and pull out and test the injectors to see which is jammed up...replace.~ and do an oil and filter change immediately~

Ditto, well said. Next case. ~~~~~~~~~~~ When a fuel injector is stuck open, the fuel will flood out. Gasoline will definitely get into the oil when this is the case. If the fuel pressure in your car is too high (above 7 psi) that may cause gasoline to get into the engine oil .

H25...so low? I thought we were talkin' 700 psi with aggressive auto shutoffs? am I dreamin?

93,825

7 psi = carb / 40-50 psi = indirect fuel injection / 4000 psi = direct fuel injection

thanks buddy!

My bad. That is carb pressure ok. I left out some very important parts...matter of fact what TS finished ...and of course correctly

It's okay. My wife is spoiling the dirt out of me~ am so freakin' spoiled, she's grillin' my dinner in the rain, payin' for my MINI, gives me every ounce there is to give to a guy~...luckeeee~

26,415

Cuz its a big ol turd! Chrysler jeep dodge vehicles are nay good sir.

kbro, that's not HELPFUL....please~

aww. I'd send some steaks your way, but they were overdone.~

26,415

Hey it may not be helpful but its the thruth.

26,415

Plus it looks like youve got it covered on this one