What I meant was there any GOOD cars or trucks out there for under $3000.

10

Asked by Mar 29, 2013 at 07:54 PM

24,115

This site will give you some idea of what is out there in your price range...Maybe a Focus Escort (mid-90's model) or Toyota Corolla would be good choices...expect higher mileage for the price you want to spend though: http://www.iseecars.com/used-cars/used-cars- under-3000#

210,455

Define GOOD? Like racer mentioned, decide what you want based what shows up in that price range, narrow it down to a couple. Do some research, such as MPG, maintenance costs, handling. etc. Then go drive some. That's the fun part. Post back what you find and we'll steer you into the right one.

a beetle can be had for $2000, no problem.

a decommisioned police interceptor.

24,115

Good one, Judge....Hadn't thought of the "out of police service" vehicle, like a Ford Crown Vic...but they are plentiful and can be had inexpensively..Plus, they have been serviced regularly. LOTS of people here in the NJ / PA area buy them...Annoys me when I'm driving near one though ...I get paranoid and slow down...till I see it's Gramps driving it wearing a Hawaiian print shirt or something,,,LOL!

5.8 Liter engine...who could pass that up?...LOL!

shopping around the cheapest I could find was around $9000...a little out of your range, but I bet doing a little research could achieve you goal of three grand...get right in there, auctions happen everyday!~