Guess who's here to help you direct from GM?

3,465

Asked by Mar 28, 2013 at 04:41 PM

Hi Everyone,
We would like to introduce ourselves as the new GM Customer Service on Car Gurus! Yes, you read it right “we.” To better address your questions and concerns in a timely manner we will now have 2 individuals as your primary GM contact on this forum! We look forward to being members of this great community!
Sincerely,
Marlea Wilson, GM Customer Care
Crystal Robertson, GM Customer Care

89,685

I guess that it's either Marlea or Crystal.

2,980

Interesting

Vanessa. Vanessa was a troll that used the GM logo just like that and asked everybody for their VIN#'s, and left an email, that does not exist

89,685

Maybe I should use the "GM - Mark of Excellence" logo...

209,805

Click on reputation David, you can see it's the same account, Vanessa's name is mentioned. But they have to answer before we do to climb the leader board. Ha!

24,085

Maybe somebody should report them to CarGurus Admins AND GM, if this some BS attempt by Vanessa or whomever to scam or whatever.

89,685

Vanessa answered a HHR question yesterday under this name.

3,465

I'm glad that you all are paying close attention to who is within this community answering questions. We've just been assigned to your forum and would like to be of assistance. Do you all have another suggestion for a good avi. I'll see if we can change it to make our interactions more trustworthy. I thank you all for the welcome and interest. Marlea Wilson, GM Customer Service

24,085

Guessing that ALL of your replies to people will end with "Please bring your car or truck to your nearest GM Service Dept. for a tune up and for ALL of your car care needs...Remember no one knows your car like we do".

3,465

We'll provide the best service to you all in this forum, which may not include a trip to your local Certified GM Service Center. Marlea Wilson, GM Customer Service

What make you think you are the best? I know I am not, that's for sure. Marlea I honestly do not want to be rude. But your choice of words is a bit poor. There are many expert GM guys (and by 'guys' I mean women too) that use this forum and are very very good, myself not included

3,465

Hello DavidH25, I don't want you to think I was referencing our service centers. My intention which may not have been communicated via the words in my last reply. The service we give you here in CarGurus to assist in locating information and possible remedies. Our objective here is to assist some individuals in the forum. If I have offended any of you, I apologize. Marlea Wilson, GM Customer Care

24,085

I'm just wondering what level of service that these GM Customer Service Reps are able to supply. Is it sort of like a telemarketer scripted type of scenario, i.e. "If customer asks this, then reply with _____" ?? Seems to be a clever attempt to try to solicit for more GM Service Dept. business..since as we ALL know, Car Dealers make a bulk of their money on Service/Repair Work and NOT on New or Used Car Sales. Wonder why Nissan, Honda, Toyota, etc aren't trying this too?? Oh Yeah, that's right...GM took the Federal Bailout (unlike Ford) and were pressured to shut down the Pontiac Division...Sorry GM Customer Service...Epic Fail

Ms. Wilson, or Marlea if that is OK, you did not offend me and no apology is necessary. Maybe I was the one a bit harsh: you are doing the job you were assigned to do by your employer. I certainly can not find fault in that. We did not exactly give you a real warm welcome to the site. Respectfully offered for your consideration, David

Marlea, there is one you can be of help, I think. See http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/Discussion-c22337_ds539077

24,085

Yeah...I just read that question about the Opel Corsa ..Not a USA model car, but maybe these GM Customer Service folks can help them out. This particular scenario may not be covered in their Customer Service "playbook" though.

3,465

Thank you DavidH25, I'll take a look at the issue you have directed me toward. Marlea Wilson, GM Customer Service