can u remove the cat converters on an 89 lincoln mark 7 without causing the engine to run like crap?

Asked by Mar 28, 2013 at 12:50 AM

can u remove the cat converters on an 89 lincoln mark 7 without getting the air/fuel ratio all mixed up?
does it have o2 sensors after the cats?

90,155

You can remove the cats and it will run the same. The CEL will come on but the downstream sensor usually doesn't change the fuel mixture. The down side is you don't know when there is a real problem. There is a way to set the sensor back into a bung to fool it. --- The other down side is that he car will be blowing out dirtier exhaust.

Best Answer