2001 Dodge Ram 1500 4X4 5.2L compressor went want to bypass air cond unit any one know the size belt or part #number that would b used to do this.


Asked by Mar 24, 2013 at 02:21 PM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

2 Answers


If you can get the pulley on the compressor to spin freely, just unplug it & use the same size belt. Try tapping the pulley with a hammer to free it if it's really stuck bad. Otherwise check with your local auto parts store. Bypass kits are available for many vehicles now. Which allow you to remove the compressor, install the kit & again use the same size belt & routing configuration. HTH. -Jim


Some engines have a A/C delete pulley and uses a shorter belt. Check out to see what other owners are doing --- http://www.ramforumz.com/?gclid=COSile-BlrYCFfA-MgodzFwAKg -- http://dodgeforum.com/forum/dodge-ram-20/ -- http://www.ramforum.com/

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search Maintenance & Repair Questions

Maintenance & Repair Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 174,820
#2 dandyoun
Reputation 93,500
#3 tennisshoes
Reputation 76,050
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.