Is 91 octane to much for my 97 camry

10

Asked by Mar 20, 2013 at 11:12 AM

25,495

No but there is no benefit to using it in a 97 camry plus it 30 cents more than regular

25,495

Maybe not 30 cents i was thinking 93 octane. But none the less its unnecessary.

90,155

Keep track of how many MPG's you get with 91. Fill up a couple of tanks of the lower grade and see if the MPG's decrease. If the MPG's stay the same, buy the lower grade gas. Don't try to estimate by how many miles per tank.

25,495

Ive heard people say it help fuel mileage but ive never tried it myself. Have you ever calculated it tenspeed?

10

Never calculated ... Will using 91 keep my car from passing smog ?

10

Will original spark plugs with 190 thousand miles on them keep my car from passing smog ?

90,155

Plugs should be replaced around the 100,000 mark. Replace them for better MPG's and lower emissions.

90,155

kbro - my wife did the MPG check when she was commuting 180 miles daily with our Chevy Astro van. She found that it cost the least per mile to use the mid grade. I tried it on my Grand AM and didn't see any gains from buying mid grade gas when I was commuting 80 miles per day.

25,495

Boy those are some long commutes. Thanks though i may try it in my car.