I have a 2003 dodge ram 1500..i go outside to start my truck and nothing happens. it doesn't even turn over and i dont hear any clicking to let me know if its the starter. so i thought i was the battery, so i went out to get a new battery put it in but the same thing nothing happens...can someone help me?

Asked by Mar 14, 2013 at 11:15 PM

1,095

sounds like an electrical issue pertaining to the starter if you hear absolutely nothing when you turn the key. have you had any problems starting the truck before?

3,130

Can you at least hear the fuel pump run? Try to lightly jam it into park, Try it in neutral.

96,195

It could be something in the starting circuit or it could be a bad starter motor. Put a meter on the small wire on the starter. Turn the key to "Start" and see if there is a voltage present. If there's no volts, it has to be a fuse, the ignition switch or a relay if it has one.