If you make verbal agreement with a dealer that should that deal stick , even if dealer made mistake with price? Didnt realize was wrong til doing paper work! But had already agreed on price with the trade isnt that kinda his loss his mistake?

Asked by Mar 14, 2013 at 10:25 PM

2,980

His/her problem, don't give in, sounds like a scam, probably tries that move on a lot of people. Should know their job better than that. Comes down to it walk.

89,695

A verbal agreement is worth the paper that it is written on... You may come to a agreement or get something else thrown in but the dealer isn't going to take a loss over a verbal mistake.

56,555

In NJ a verbal agreement is legal and binding. Usually the problem is getting the person or, in this case, the dealer to admit what was said. The advertised price is usually where you start haggling down from. It could have been an honest mistake on the salesperson's part or it could be the dealer is trying to get over on you. Honestly, if it were me, I'd make it clear that unless I got the deal I was quoted I'd be buying elsewhere. I'm sure there are at least a hundred vehicles in your area that are exactly like the one you're getting ready to buy. HTH. -Jim