Hi I got a 94 Lexus gs 300....by the way Thanks to Bob Nueske for the Ehelp...really appreciate it. Thanks. This car would crank but would turn over. So I checked the spark plugs they were drenched in oil. I replaced the valve cover seals added new spark plug wires and plugs ,changed fuel pump. Battery and alternator are good and starter is fine...after all was replaced car turns over but shuts off 2 secs later.....it will stay on as long as the gas pedal is press.....what could this problem b

70

Asked by Mar 12, 2013 at 12:11 AM

257,655

Did you replace the fuel filter when you did the pump?

70

I bought one went to change and notice fitting nuts were rustler very bad...but is seriously contemplating changing it out

70

Could that b the cause of engine not staying on

101,365

I would look for a vacuum leak. Check that big hose going to the brake booster on the firewall.