I have 1987 Chrysler 5th avenue, I put air shocks on the back to raise it a little, I want to raise the front end to but it has a weird kind of torsion bar front suspension, my buddy told me you do it by tightening them, but he couldn't see how to do it, I can't figure it either, anyone have any ideas how to do it???

Asked by Mar 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM

Question type: Car Customization

3 Answers

well yes. a torsion bar is like twisting the rod. well the anchor point at one end should just be re-attached to a few degrees from it's current location...probably could accomplish this with a couple pieces of angle iron..it's the easiest puzzle in the world.

bet this torsion rod has already spots where you can place it, to lower or raise the whole carriage...like a big evil comb.


Here's a basic torsion bar adjusting video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYq9K77Bqk

1 out of 1 people think this is helpful.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

  • Does anyone have any ideas what i can do to make my hyundai elantra a little more mean and have a little more power? 30 answers

    I am trying to make my hyundai a little bit more powerfull and custom. i cannot find any parts that i can get in the states. only in canada. kinda way outa my way. and a tad bit expensive. does anyone...

    2007 Hyundai Elantra 4 Dr GLS


    Car Customization

  • front wheels sticking out and back not 4 answers

    I have a 04 blazer 4x4 and I just put aftermarket rims on it and they are all the same size but the front wheels stick out and the back ones fit normally. Any ideas on what the problem could be?

    2004 Chevrolet Blazer 4 Door LS 4WD


    Car Customization

  • Suspension lift 6 answers

    So I am wanting to do a 6" suspension lift on my beetle for some moderate offroading. I have no idea how to do so. I have tons of tools because I work on cars, motorcycles, and plenty of other cra...

    2005 Volkswagen Beetle GLS 1.9L TDI


    Car Customization

  • Suspension 3 answers

    I love this truck with TRD off-road pkg. Only thing is the clearance from the ground, especially at front. Suspension already satisfactory with what it came with. I don't want to lose that. If I ...

    2007 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab V6 4WD


    Car Customization

  • Any ideas on why my suspension fails to raise the car. 14 answers

    I have a W220 2000 S430, and my suspension went out. First it start in the rear of the vehicle then the front suspension went out. So I figured my struts were bad and I went and brought all four and r...

    2000 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S 430


    Maintenance & Repair


Search Car Customization Questions

Car Customization Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 5,370
Reputation 3,430
#3 dandyoun
Reputation 3,300
View All