I have 1987 Chrysler 5th avenue, I put air shocks on the back to raise it a little, I want to raise the front end to but it has a weird kind of torsion bar front suspension, my buddy told me you do it by tightening them, but he couldn't see how to do it, I can't figure it either, anyone have any ideas how to do it???

Asked by Mar 10, 2013 at 11:55 PM

well yes. a torsion bar is like twisting the rod. well the anchor point at one end should just be re-attached to a few degrees from it's current location...probably could accomplish this with a couple pieces of angle iron..it's the easiest puzzle in the world.

bet this torsion rod has already spots where you can place it, to lower or raise the whole carriage...like a big evil comb.

102,745

Here's a basic torsion bar adjusting video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksYq9K77Bqk