how to rate CarGurus dealer that doesnt have option to review or show reviews. I found my last auto on CG at said dealer and found great deal but dealer was about useless.

Asked by Mar 10, 2013 at 06:25 PM

i found last purchase on CG,and a geat deal on it. but dealer was about useless in
communicatin and doing things said they would do....need to rate these guys. they have
online operation but i was looking to rate at CG.

210,865

If you contacted the dealer through CarGurus, you will receive a message within 7 days asking for your review. Please follow the link on the email to write your review.

24,115

Tom...what I'm finding is that Car Gurus is NOT consistent with sending out the e-mails that give you the opportunity to rate a Dealer. I have corresponded with 10+ dealers on here and ONLY received ONE e-mail to rate a Dealer. CarGurus needs to work on this, b/c there are some shady dealers out there that people in my area need to know about.

210,865

Thanks for the info, I was just copying off the help section.

325

When you say "corresponded", do you mean via phone as well? Dealer review emails are sent 7 days after contacting the seller using the contact form on the listing page only.

24,115

Henry_s (You're the Henry who works @ CarGurus, right?) ...When I say "corresponded", I mean that I initially contacted the Dealer via the contact form from the listing page on CarGurus site. AFTER that, there were e-mails (from my personal e-mail acct to the Dealer e-mail address) and phone calls exchanged, if I was interested in talking with them live about the car. Therefore, I'm not sure what the disconnect is/was.

24,115

Henry....Can you respond further on this? I'd REALLY like to know if this is due to a "bug" on the CarGurus system. A LOT of people are saying they can't rate Dealers. Thx!