i want to know if awd systems are as strong as 4wd systems in gmc sierra pickups

Asked by Mar 10, 2013 at 06:25 PM

261,985

What do you mean by strong and what are you looking to do with your truck?

27,035

I'm trying to read into what he is saying....But my guess would be is that he is asking if a 4WD drive, say in my Mitsu Outlander Cross Over vehicle would perform in the same capacity..or in the same manner as a 4WD in a Heavy Duty GMC Sierra Pickup. My initial thought would be that although both systems are theoretically designed to do the same thing...the 4WD in the GMC is designed to bear more weight, tow heavier items and be able to handle more serious off-roading. So I'd say the 4WD in the GMC would be somewhat more rugged, per se.