I have a 1950 dodge coronet and I'm wanting to put power steering on it. What is the best way to do this?

Asked by Mar 09, 2013 at 04:46 PM

2,980

I would go with a power assist steering system that would work in conjunction with the existing steering set up. What it is, is a fluid pump (like any other power steering pumps) and a two way hydraulic cylinder. You may have to weld some anchor points on where you strategically position the cylinder between the Pittman arm and a stationary point. Now this won't be a fast acting set up for a high speed obstacle course, should work awsom for you. You could obtain such a system off a 2 ton international truck wich are every where. Also if you go with this you'll need to ad a extra pulley on the crank in order to somehow mount the pump.