1996 ford explorer: dome lights stay on, says rear hatch is open but hatch is closed.

Asked by Mar 03, 2013 at 10:37 PM

is the switch for the gate ajar in the latch or is it the little spring switch next to the latch?

7jimmy7 will be answering this---if he ever comes onboard-

20,615

yeah, bobby with all the scrappers ive owned, I did find switch on latch lever that touches a micro switch when latched, you can test by watching light while working switch by hand,if bad ,disconnect. or splice across ,depending if you need make or break of contact

I'd post a picture, but mean ole' guru mgmt would rather have one paw nailed to the cross- so here's a link, there are many options just google "1996 ford explorer rear door switch" and voila-http://www.autopartsnetwork.com/shop/-make_Ford-model_Explorer-part_Door_Jamb_Switch-brand_Motorcraft-position_Rear_Right-sku_SW-ds-1966A.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=gps&utm_term=Ford+Explorer+Door+Jamb+Switch+Motorcraft+SW-1966A+Rear+Right&utm_campaign=google_base&fpi=ISIfpj7G-fs-2Idm0WOPCWRZwnZHabutbz9X3AUHE6nLGw=&gclid=CPj3q_y34rUCFe9aMgodrQYACA

98,205

That "No picture" thing really puts a crimp on the ability to answer a question. At least the OP can post a image... for now.

Henry_S assured me this morning that he was going to pass this message onto his development team-