How many of our Gurus have taken the ASVAB?

Asked by Mar 03, 2013 at 05:32 PM

The ASVAB (armed services vocational aptitude battery) of tests will test your ability to read various mechanical configurations and your ability to read what to do with them, very useful and informative test-  be nice to know if anyone else other than myself has taken it?

90,135

I was tested using ARI/GCT when I enlisted. Is that the same thing?

wow. that one chops you up straight away according to your strengths and weaknesses. Was that a long time ago, like pre-vietnam? Mine was a routine test for the college-bound, most couldn't hang with the mechanical puzzles I was second place in the school, but yours truly could not do the 100 yd dash to save his hide, but could think his way into a corner by golly the apple II just came to class, and we knew more about computers than ole- Henry Krannendonk (math teacher)...sad really-

Serial interface = baud rate, stop bits, parity, data bits, x on x off, hardware handshake which if you were a geek like me would be at the forefront with computer communication. your GURU tech person knows all about this. Parallel interface = hexadecimal dump, unregulated--depends on the recipient device to soak up the data, right away...if not sooner.

90,135

That was smack in the middle of the Nam. I'm a qualified submariner and a nuclear power plant operator so my numbers were pretty good. That was before calculators so we were doing calculus and nuclear physics with slide rules.

Best Answer
665

I took it back in 1988 when I enlisted in the Army. Served for 20 years and retired in 2008. I'm pretty sure the ASVAB scoring has changed since then.

tenspeed, have a renewed respect for you!

101,815

Thanks to all of the service men, woman and their families that served in the armed forces to allow us to live in a free country. I have the highest respect for what you and yours has sacrificed for the good of others. May god keep you safe in your travels and bring you back home to your families so you to can enjoy the freedom.

If our congress would have voted FOR vets...my gahd, what are we supposed to do, the coffee can and cardboard sign solution? respect. for the love of humanity.