Hear a bunch of cleaning inHear a bunch of clinging and rattling everytime I hit the gas.so I dismembered both CV axles and dropped a differential where the noise was coming from I troubleshoot the problem checked the flywheel and the torque converter everything was solid when I dropped the differential there is an axel coming out of the transmission which I can wiggle and move around look inside of the differential everything looks good and solid should that axle coming from the transmission Sliding into the differential be loose or is that my problem

Asked by Mar 03, 2013 at 01:43 AM

yes. hopefully some mechanic did not stick with weak retaining C clips...man this is the second time today we've discussed this problem...YES, yes yes a c clip is left inside the differntial case and now grab a telescoping magnet tool and inspection mirror (take from your dentist) and go fishin' hopefully you'll find all the pieces otherwise you'll have to drop the pan and assess the damage done. all kindza hullabaloo, just 'cause someone did not seat the axles properly. You shoud not be able to pull them out with your hands, should have to be pried out with a prybar, else they aren't seated properly...also those c-clips should be thrown away and brand new ones used...they are that important...and now you know why.