Shifter bushing for 2000 cavalier.

Asked by Mar 02, 2013 at 05:47 PM

Seen a post here about my problem,
went and got the dorman 14041 kit
and none seem to fit. Does anyone
have input to help me out. Thanks.

what? is it an assortment of bushings? examine the failed one and play 'match 'em up' to the one piece that is closest, desregard the rest...if none at all will help, send them back and grab a piece of small coolant hose, and trim off a piece to fit...tada..cost? minimum.

Ok, will try it. Wish I was a true fix it man. I'm more of a key man, put the key in it and it don't work I call someone. Money's too tight so have to improvise. Thanks.

99,195

Did you try the parts department at the dealership? The Getrag transmission was used in all the GM cars and the parts should be readily available.

I called but local Chevy parts dept closed. Will do on Monday. Thanks for the help.