I have 2004 suburban, the,traction active light comes on ,the truck slows but regains powerany one know why?

10

Asked by Feb 28, 2013 at 05:44 PM

04 suburan

56,855

Whenever your traction control feature engages engine power is reduced to prevent a skid and loss of control. This is normal. HTH. -Jim

10

It does this a lot, even on dry pavement, even if I back out of driveway and turn the wheel.

56,855

Under those conditions it's not normal. Just backing out of your driveway shouldn't activate the traction control. It may actually be a problem with the antilock brake system. The two systems work together. If the antilock brake system is "thinks" you're going into a skid it may activate the traction control. Check your antilock speed sensors and wiring. Since it seems to happen when you turn the wheel check the front first. Perhaps there's a bad connection and when you turn the wheel the wires flex causing the system to think you're skidding. HTH. -Jim

10

This is helpful but it happens all the time, when I go to stop but dont stop all the way just slow ,and I take off again, it comes on?