1994 Mercury Capri(nonturbo) engine light comes on and off, stalls sometimes, I was told to replace distributor does this sound right? Thank you.

Asked by Feb 26, 2013 at 03:39 PM

RPM's seem sensitive, I almost have to play with the gas to accellerate ^so it won't stall. I checked the distributor cap and its clean. I was told to replace the distributor.

104,295

If you have IDM code in the computer then I would at least replace the ignition module on the side of the distributor and pickup coil inside the distributor unless the bushings are worn out in the distributor then you might as well replace the whole unit. Check for codes first.