I had a friend take off my muffler on my 96 honda civic to make it "sounds cooler", without telling me that he snapped the exhaust bolts and left them connecting the muffler to the exhaust pipe due to its rusting. How should i counteract this problem. I have to pass smog in April and need the muffler back on my car. Thanks!

Asked by Feb 25, 2013 at 08:00 PM

Also

98,125

Take it to a shop and have them reinstall the exhaust system if they can. You might have to buy a new exhaust. Choose better friends.

I know that lol. And is there anyway i could just weld the muffler back onto the exhaust pipe?

if you could without setting yourself on fire, bully for ya-

Hah thats true. I was trying to figure out if i could drill into the snapped bolts and crank em out somehow, or just weld it back on.

parts n pieces, get a sleeve that fits over everything, both items, then use u-bolt clamps!

no fire, but some tube cutting.

20,585

if flanged ,grind flush and drill ,use bolt and nuts,