NO BRAKES IN MY 1999 TOYOTA COROLLA?

Asked by Feb 22, 2013 at 12:34 PM

I have a 1999 Toyota Corolla that has no brakes right now.  I don't have the car running and bleed the brakes and they feel good, but soon as I turn the car on it goes to the floor and no brakes yet again.  Master Cylinder? Maybe?  Also the brake light is on, on the dash?...

THANKS FOR ANY HELP

the Master Cylinder is bad!

could get your hands dirty, buy a rebuiding kit and do a little forensic work to see what part of the seal failed, if wanted to find out why the failure!

Alfred E Neuman, Jim? used to actually have a subsription to MAD magazine, before the cheese got ripe for this TV series- put your favorite car up there--unless you want to be MAD constantly- Nuts about the mazda cosmo, but according to tenspeed they were all handmade...all 1700 or so of 'em-

You know this vehicle is equipped with a brake rooster, that's why the pedal sinks, the booster is doing it's job. If you lift your foot, it comes up higher...is the objectionable part. like 7jimmy7 says, probably hasn't been bled correctly. You should have the car on and the booster fully operational for the brake bleed. perhaps your little helper isn't opening the bleeder valve enough. You should have to refill the reservoir at least twice---to make sure you got it!