Key switch change after theft smashed it, is this hard? Only plastic pc with soldered connection on back is left


Asked by Feb 20, 2013 at 10:15 AM

Question type: Maintenance & Repair

With only the plastic pc with soldered connections on the back is left. Can this be unplugged and replaced?

5 Answers

If it is not an old vehicle 1-4 years you can get a new piece from the dealership- ...and the answer is YES! unplug....and replace with brand new from the dealer who sold you this buggy.


It would be helpful if the year, make and model were mentioned. Not all cars are the same.

yeah Nortonman. we have to be thorough with our repies to a question that remains unresolved? give us a break out here...make with the model and year please~


92 Toyota pickup truck 5-speed 4 cylinder

1 of 1 people found this helpful.

no mystery. millions of replacement parts at your salvage yard. You're going to need new keys for your doors, unless you don't mind having two keys one for igniiton and one for door/fuel/glovebox.

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search Maintenance & Repair Questions

Maintenance & Repair Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 169,090
#2 dandyoun
Reputation 91,650
#3 tenspeed
Reputation 73,940
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.