Need input on GPS usage in Chicago area

Asked by Feb 16, 2013 at 02:40 PM

If any car enthusiasts in the Chicago area would like to share GPS navigation stories about their (2011 or
later) car, there's a few hundred bucks in it for you. Seriously. Send me a note! kevin@kevinsonofken.com
(I'm a writer/producer on assignment.)

Never use GPS navigation, can't stand a female voice "reduce speed, turn in 500 feet' worse than mother in law

24,115

or you could get a Garmin GPS and choose the Cookie Monster as a voice! "Me eat cookie...me say Turn right on Main St....Nom Nom Nom!!!"

Ha! Seriously? I had no idea!

24,115

@Kevin...The newer Garmin GPS units allow you to install all types of celebrity voices, cartoon characters...all kinds of craziness...LOL! I WAS in Chicago the first week of February and had to leave a meeting early, get on a plane and get the hell outta dodge (or get stranded until that Saturday)...it was snowing like mad on the looong ride in rush hour traffic to O'Hare airport and the cabbie driving a Kia, of ALL things..OMG (Russian dude who barely spoke English) used a GPS...I prayed that crappy Korean car didn't break down in the snow...I'm sure Chicago is a nice place, but I (and several others caught a nasty sinus infection at your wonderful Hilton on S. Michigan Ave) and I never want to come back... Does that count as a GPS story? LOL!