Engine start trouble on my 2005 Chevy Silverado Duramax 2500HD

10

Asked by Feb 14, 2013 at 01:43 PM

I have a 2005 Chevy 2500 HD with a Duramax diesel engine that I use for my concrete business here in the LA
area. My Check Engine light came on last fall, but the truck runs just fine, pulls the concrete uphill every day, just
fine. So I pretty much ignored the Check Engine light. All the fluid levels are perfect. No strange noises or
excessive smoking, and like I said, plenty of power. There was no indication of a problem until I decided to drive
up to the mountains to go skiing. The truck ran great on the way there, and started up fine after a couple of
stops in town. The next morning however, it did NOT want to start! After cranking for about 30 seconds or so, it
finally started, but it ran roughly and made a lot of clatter for a few minutes after that. What could the problem
be?

The problem is most likely an O2 sensor at your exhaust manifold....but could be something else but I'd bet the ranch~ just read your trouble codes there are places that will do it for free.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=meDbXPw1Odw

10

Went to autozone for a PCode readout: P0670 (Glow Plug Control) - Easy fix?

Sounds like. Logical. Surprised it ran for you. good luck on your replacement.