What is a good suv that gets around 25 highway mpg that is not a ford and is relitively cheap.

45

Asked by Feb 13, 2013 at 05:15 PM

35

why not ford its the best selling truck , try the v6 chevy silverado

21,065

rav 4

26,355

Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Nissan Juke (only if you like the way it looks..lol). My Mitsu Outlander SE AWD 4 Cylinder gets just under 25 MPG on average..BUT the newer Outlander Sport models are smaller and probably will give you better MPG.

515

depends on what you need. compact 2 row SUV or 3 row crossover or truck based 2 row or 3 row SUV? More info please, and will give you answers then. Mike www.fromcartofinish.com

45

Mike I probably want a 5 seater

26,355

Manawsome....if you want an SUV that will seat 5 comfortable.. I would definitely recommend the Mitsubishi Outlander SE AWD (NOT the Outlander Sport though). The front & back seats on my Mitsu are wide and comfortable and offer good leg room for rear passengers as well. Mine actually can seat 7 ..it has 3rd row seats that fold up, have seat belts, flip-up headrests, but are small..Ok for a smaller child for short trips only though, IMO. I probably will never use them, but if you have kids and an extra 2 show up that need a ride to the movies or something, you can accommodate them. Best part is they fold completely flat into the cargo area. Below is a picture of what they look like, if you're curious.

515

Honda CR-V, Nissan Rogue, Toyota RAV4, Subaru Forester, maybe Hyundai Santa Fe (you can look up specs (including mileage) for any vehicle going back like 20 years, on my site (www.fromcartofinish.com) Go to the "research a vehicle" box at right on the homepage and choose the make, model, and style and year from the drop down menus. I'd also check consumer reports to see what's reliable, even if they are 2 rows and hit your mileage requirement, but the above choices are for starters.

26,355

I'm REALLY straddling that fence when it comes to buying ANY Korean made cars/SUV ..I've never bought one and probably never will (I'd buy American before I did that). It's hard to forget just how crappy Korean cars, like the early 90's Hyundai Excel used to be (reminded me of the 80's Yugo..UGH!). However, A mechanic friend DID recommend the Hyundai Santa Fe, Consumer Reports didn't outright recommend it, but reliability is good across the board on the 2011-2012 4 cylinder models (2010 has minor transmission issues, other wise ok)..They DID recommend the Hyundai Tucson though. It's kind of funny...Samsung used to make garbage electronics in the 80's ..NOW I have a Samsung smartphone and TV and didn't hesitate about buying them. Guess they (Korean products) haven't earned my trust yet on a much larger $20k+ purchase yet..

515

smoothpoppa, I used to feel the same way about Korean (I usually defer to consumer reports on reliability, as they survey the owners themselves, who aren't afraid to tell you when a car is a piece of crap). But since Hyundai (and Kia, which Hyundai owns) switched to their current warranty back in 2000 (5yr/60k bumper to bumper, and 10yr/100k powertrain), I figured they'd go out of business if they kept building they way they did in the 80s and 90s. And behold, they steadily got better in consumer reports, and then got more refined about 5 years ago with new powertrains/engines, and better fit and finish and higher quality materials. Net result? Even I'm considering them for my next vehicle (Azera, only since it's 2012 redesign). Up until now, I've been driving Hondas/Acuras for the last 20 years, if that tells you anything. And yes, a Samsung Galaxy S3 is my top choice for my next phone as well! :) Mike www.fromcartofinish.com