Where'd the pull choke go? how about the pull throttle too?

Asked by Feb 09, 2013 at 08:49 PM

My old Chevy truck had a pull choke, and a pull throttle too-  When did we decide that we were so good at determining now we change the mix. Now we drop the idle speed?  seems kinda wrong to leave it to the automatic way- trying to think when the last one was?

Willys had them. early chevy trucks had them. who else?

oh pedal solenoid, 'crash box' transmission, crank hole out front for starting, cowl vent that flipped open- wing windows, single cylinder braking. no seatbelts, no rollbar, twin I-beam king pin suspension, drum brakes

suicide doors, klaxon horns, running boards

guess 1295 is as high as the monkey climbs~

21,335

move'n on up like crazy mad

Best Answer Mark helpful
8,755

The last cars I know of that had a manual choke were the Hyundai Pony hatchbacks in the mid-80s. My Mom's 81 Volvo 245 DL had a manual choke on the Zenith carburetor. The 82 Volvo 240 DL models with the Stromburg did as well. As for vent wings, they were a $187 option on the Grand Marquis and Crown Victoria models right through until the end of the 1991 model year. Mind you, so was an engine with a carburetor (351W HO). Good luck finding one of THEM now. If you do, and it is paired with the Trailer Tow III package, grab the thing. Quickly!