99 gmc suburban keep blowing tail light and dash light fuse no matter what !

Asked by Feb 06, 2013 at 09:38 PM

the truck blows the tail light and dash fuse no matter what running or not  ?

90,065

I think those GMC's has a circuit board that the tail light bulbs plug into. One of those might be bad - unplug them and see if the fuse holds.

let me get this straight. As long as the vehicle is on, you blow fuses? or only when the headlights are switched to on?

That's what I'm wondering tenspeed, is it just the tail ligthts, this guy was sayin something about 'dash light fuse' but did not elaborate-

18,525

also-- a prime area is around trailer tow wires at chassis tail on older trucks ,under gobs of tape

Good Call 7Jimmy7!

90,065

The running lights and dash lights are on the same circuit. Any short circuit to ground will take out the fuse.

An improperly installed trailer (kentucky chuckie wiring) droopin on down, a sparkin and a shortin to beat the band....I'm seein' it already...with my newly gained GURU powers...achachacha~

nope it blows a fuse anytime key in it or not

18,525

the light switch itself likely, internal short

90,065

Start disconnecting the tail lights and trailer wiring and see if the ground condition clears. That will tell you if the problem is in the rear or somewhere in the body. --- have you done any mechanical work that could have pinched a wire?

nope just got up and went to work and they did not work

10

behind the right front running light after you remove it you will see the factory wires have a twist at the rear of the socket, just unwind the twist and tape them up, you will them melted together.

Thank You!! It was right behind the right front running light!! You saved me time and money!