Working on 94 dodge shadow 2.5a413 auto trans gas pedal binding in drive only half way down i noticed kick down cable was keeping the throttle from opening when i un hook the cable it moves freely soon as you hookbup kick cable back up wont open throttle up does kick lever move separate then gear shift lever its all on the same shaft

Asked by Feb 05, 2013 at 09:09 PM

18,515

kickdown should be adjustable at some point ,like a plastic cylinder with a toothed adjuster released by pressing tab with a screwdriver, or raising tab and sliding to leave a little play in cable,and yes i think it connects to a shaft inside a shaft,independant