What bigger engines can I put in my 98 Pontiac Sunfire that will fit and I still have room to mod it?

Asked by Feb 03, 2013 at 03:12 AM

2.2 L 2200 I4 2.2 L Ecotec L61 I4 2.3 L Quad 4 I4 2.4 L LD9 I4....all will bolt right in

160HP Quad 4 I4 2.4 L

If you want to get really ambitious you can convert it to rear wheel drive, there are kits available to do that, and drop a V8 in it, but that is a real pain in the butt, a project thing that will be expensive and time consuming, not to mention it will throw off the balance of the suspension and if you just need a new engine anyway, and are thinking of mooooore pooooooower.....just go with the one above. If your car runs well as is, actually you might want to consider a project car from the ground up, and don't pull a good motor from a good car

89,815

Best bets are the supercharged 2.0L Ecotec from the Cobolt SS or a turbocharged 2.4L DOHC. Front wheel drive vehicles are limited to around 300 horsepower. If you have much more than that, the tires don't hook up and the power is useless.

why been looking at the 2.3 and I've been thinking about doing a complete engine rebuild to 1 but I heard that there just as easy to blow the headers on as they are the 2.2 liters is that true?