I Just purchased a 1975 TR 6. It hasn't been driven for the past 2-3 years. I changed the plugs and wires. While excelerating it is still missing and choking in second gear. What eles should i replace.

Asked by Jan 21, 2013 at 10:18 AM

Should I replace the fuel system?

Not the entire fuel system, try some alcohol based water remover. Condensation will cause all kinds of problems..one of many scenarios possible

90,125

It would probably be a good idea to replace the rubber hose from the tank to the fuel pump. Today's 10% ethanol could eat the older style rubber. Leave some slack in the hose from the fuel pump to the carbs and put several small, clear filters inline. As the first filter clogs, remove it. -- We used to do that on our rallye cars. ---- If the engine starts to break up at the top of second gear, reset/replace the points.