On a 2001 Hyundai Elantra GLS, when changing the front brake pads - do the wear indicators (squeakers) go on the inner pad top or the outer pad top?

Asked by Jan 08, 2013 at 12:10 AM

99,065

They go on the inner pad top. The inner pads wear faster and they are harder to visually inspect.

Best Answer

Ditto. I second that, tenspeed is right on

Thank you so much! I did one wheel where the wear indicator was on the outside, and then got to the other which was on the inside. Whoever did the pads last got a set with pads for the same side. So I just redid the side I already had done and put the indicator on the inside top and finished the other side the same way. I appreciate both of your answers.

You're welcome...anytime