2003 Honda Accord what causes foam in power steraing fluid.

1,535

Asked by Jan 03, 2013 at 08:25 PM

Fluid was not run low no leaks .When it was started the fluid was foaming and overflowing the reservoir.It has been squeaking and whining when running.

90,155

Sounds like you have air entering the system. Check the return line for cracks or a loose fitting.

1,535

With the pump making noise could it be sucking air in at the shaft seal and not leaking fluid ?

1,535

Tenspeed for it to be foaming the fluid it would be sucking air in on the suction side of the pump. Would you agree to this statement? As far as I can tell its not leaking fluid from anywhere. The shaft seal could be he cause. What do you think?

220

Replace the pump .

1,535

That is what I thought GT just looking for second opinion.