why is my 2007 suburban automatic stuck in first gear

10

Asked by Dec 31, 2012 at 11:16 AM

2007 suburban automatic 4wd.   auto won't go beyond first gear,  cannot get out of first manually either.

65,905

Check your transmission fluid level. If that's ok, check for a blown fuse. If no blown fuses then check the wiring going to the transmission. Make sure no wires are broken or disconnected. Also make sure your wiring connections are clean, dry, & tight. If all this checks out there is probably a bad shift solenoid inside the transmission. If your "check engine" light is on there's a good chance that's what it is. I'd recommend, at that point taking it to a shop for further diagnosis. HTH. -Jim