How do I know if any of the vendors are for real? Do you screen them? Is this a legitimate sight or another Craig's List?

Asked by Dec 29, 2012 at 07:00 PM

There is no point in using the site if you can't assure me that the various vendors are legitimate and the deals for rreal.  Do you check them out or is this another front for internet scams and it is buyer beware?

69,315

Any time you buy a used car it's "buyer beware". I actually bought two cars that I found on this site! My '08 Mercury was a local dealer purchase (NJ) and my '94 Cadillac was a dealer purchase in North Carolina. I hired an inspection company to look at the Cadillac before I bought it. If buying long distance I strongly recommend doing that. Not only can you weed out the "junkers" but you can be sure the car and the deal are for real. BTW I bought both cars recently. The Mercury in April and the Cadillac in June. Both cars are great!