2004 ford wont engage in 4wd. I have checked fuses and they are good. Any ideas. Wont work in manual or automatic settings on dash.

Asked by Dec 26, 2012 at 02:53 PM

25,345

what model ford?

ford escape

25,345

in which fuse box did you check the fuses, under the hood on the one in the vehicle?

ones in vehicle was unaware of fuses under hood

25,345

oh okay well the there arent any fuses for the 4x4 under the hood i was making sure you didnt look there only. i havent seen many problems with the escape's the only other thing you can do is start checking your powers and grounds. the dark blue wire at the differential lock solenoid should have power on it when switched to 4x4 if it doesnt check to see if you have power at your relay on pin 86 and 30. pin 30 comes from fuse 2.26 its a 30 amp, and pin 86 comes from the 4x4 switch