Why would my car shut off in mid drive, I was goin 60 MPH and it just shut off?

Asked by Dec 06, 2012 at 08:52 PM

Just need to know wat needs to be done
          Thanks Kasey

60

Kasey, It sounds like your fuel injectors or fuel pump could be dirty or bad. When your car is not idleing (moving fast) it doesn't suck or push fuel as hard, but when you step it up or put your foot into it if the system is dirty and can't delivery with the air intake it simply gets too much air and not enough gas and as you know no gas no go. Try simple things like fuel line system cleaners for fuel injection systems, after that try replacing the fuel filter, after that it sucks replace the fuel pump, and finally replace or adjust the jets. I would recommened a mechanic for the pump and jets. If you get the jets out of alinement your screwed and takes forever to get them straight again unless you have the guides and set tools. Let me know how it turns out. Thanks, Mr. Shannon

Can it ruin my engine. I heard it coukd be a timing belt