Suzuki Grand Vitara 2009 oil on crankshaft

85

Asked by Nov 21, 2012 at 09:42 AM

How does oil get in to the crankshaft place where the piston rod connects? Is there like maybe a hole in crankshaft
that pressurizes oil in between the cap or the connecting rod to lubricate that place?  My dealer said no oil was
getting in to that bearing because I had only 1 1/2 quarts of oil in the motor but that was not true I keep oil in my car
properly, check it once a week and there is no loss, I have never had to add between oil changes. But how does
the oil get to that place Thank You

Oil from the main oil gallery reaches each individual main-journal and bearing. Oil is fed through a central circumferential groove in the bearing and it completely surrounds the central region of the journal surface.

Best Answer
85

Thank you I understand a little better now but I got a bad deal from Suzuki wish never bought