85 Corvette, I got motor turning but fuel not flowing yet.

20

Asked by Nov 20, 2012 at 11:55 PM

Tommorow I will try starter fluid in the intake.  This car is for a disabled friend, he let this car sit for over a year.  I think I can get it running.  If starting fliud does not work ?  Check spark at several plugs ?  I'm guessing the fuel pump will prime itself ?  Thanx for all the help I have got here

210,005

Put some dry gas in the fuel tank since it's been sitting so long. Make sure the battery is fully charged,

I too had a vehicle sit without being started and it also did not provide gas. Turn on the key but do not start the engine. Locate the fuel pump and listen. If you do not hear a humming sound then the pump has frozen from non use. Replace and you could be ready to go again.