power sliding door problem

Asked by Nov 16, 2012 at 09:18 PM

I have a 2007 Kia Sedona EX. The passenger side power sliding door acts as if it is hung up. It will try to close but stops. If it is given a gentle push it will continue. It has not been damage and nothing appears to be obstructing the track. Does any one know what would cause this?  Thx

1,550

The door has a slide that goes down the side of the van as well check all points of contact, spray some wd 40 on those sliding parts, should take care of your problem, sometimes gunk road dirt can accumulate on these slides causing them to get sticky, soda pop is another culprit, spill from the kiddos, that stuff is very sticky after it dries

1,550

Sorry i was wrong the kia doesnt have rail that goes on the outside. Anyway try lubing the tracks