Have a 97 pontiac Grand Prix gtp supercharge can start it after it sits for a couple of hours but will only run for about a min. I have changed the crank sensor, cam sensor and the ignition control sensor. No luck. Stil won't run longer then a min. Also it is getting fuel. Help

Asked by Nov 10, 2012 at 04:18 PM

2,375

What does it do? Stall out and then crank but not start? Hook up an in-line spark tester and see if it drops spark when it stalls out. Any check engine or anti-theft lights on the dash? Pending or stored codes?

45

Sounds to me like your coil pack is bad. I had a lumina do the same thing and i replaced the coil pack and never had another issue

it cranks but does not start. and has no spark to the ignition coil modulator. How would you check to see if the ecm is bad?

45

There really is no way of testing it that i know of but I can gaurantee that is ur problem. What I did was went to junk yard and got a used one and it only cost me 50.00 Or you could call autozone and see if mabey there is a way of testing it just to be on the safe side.