i have been looking at nissan pathfinders please tell me what is the difference in the type ie(SE,LE, ect. ect.)

Asked by Nov 01, 2012 at 07:23 PM

155

Google the nissan and year for specificatios. You should get edmonds or KBB come up. They will give you what you are looking for.

335

Every few years many car companies change their trim levels, and Nissan is no exception. For example, in 2010 the LE was the high end trim level but now that title belongs to the Platinum/Platinum Premium. This can get a little confusing especially if your comparing cars from model years when Nissan implemented those changes. The one constant is that Nissan has always offered and continues to offer 3 to 6 basic trim levels at a time to which customers can add all sorts of options. Since you mentioned the SE and the LE, I'm assuming you're shopping pathfinders made before 2011. In that case, the LE is an upgrade over the SE or S. It comes standard with leather and features numerous upgrades. You can put leather in the SE but it comes standard with cloth. Car companies do this to simplify things (confused yet?) both for themselves and for the consumer. By doing it this way, they know, for example, that every LE (or SL on newer models) is going to get leather as it goes down the assembly line, while 90% of the SEs will get cloth seats. See, simple right? It helps consumers too. If you're in the market for cloth seats, you shouldn't even be kicking the tires of an LE. Sorry to be long winded. Basically up until last year the S was the entry level trim while The SE was mid level and the LE was the highest trim level offering more standard upgrades including leather. From to 2011 to now, the S is the entry level trim, the SV is the mid level, the SL is the high end (standard leather), and then, just to make things more "simple" *cough* complicated, Nissan offers the SL in a premium version for 2 grand more, or if you're just getting home from a winning streak in Vegas you can spring for the ultra loaded Platinum/Platinum Premium.