86 300zx has limited power

Asked by Oct 27, 2012 at 10:24 PM

My car hasn't been driven 1 mile in about 1 year. I fixed the starter problem that's to U guys and Dash problem also. When I got the car it seemed to have more power. Now when I floor it I get a zipping sound and it's not kicking in. It's like it's not breathing.  Anything clogged up or is everything clogged up. The engine also sounds very loud when driving. Could it be running on 1 lost cylinder?

I own one of these, sensor light on? I had a plugged catylist on mine, these cars do not do well sitting and need driven on the regular basis. To diagnose catylist start car, set ebrake and go to the tail pipe and place had IN FRONT of out let careful not to touch pipe as a burn will result the flow of exaust should be that of a hair drier on low and about the same temperature. Still want to be one hundered percent prior to replacing parts. Also fuel pressure regulators can give a bucking symptom, till a certain rpm range is reached.