do tan convertible tops stain?

Asked by Oct 25, 2012 at 10:58 PM

I wanted a tan roof on my next convertible but have been told they stain.  Any one with experience?

175

Honestly depends on what gets on it. Park it under a mulberry tree and let it set for a day you will have stains. The key to keeping it from staining is cleaning it asap. I keep a top cleaner and protectant in the trunk with some of those shop towels (paper ones). My 98 had the original top on it (tan) with no stains. If you neglect cleaning it and protecting it you are going to have stains and discoloration.

1,155

I had the same tan convertible top for 20 years. Okcr2g is correct. Also keep the car covered if parked outside. It's best to keep a convertible in a garage out of the weather & sun.