00 dodge grand caravan sport

15

Asked by Oct 25, 2012 at 01:41 AM

163,000k when driving the van in wet weather, as i accellerate some times the vans idle will drag as if its ready to
die out then i realese the accellerator an press it, repeat for a couple of times before it drives normally

8,795

you say in wet weather, so i recommend (which is safe to do LEAVE IT RUNNING AT IDLE), and open the hood, using a water hose, spray the engine compartment, and see what happens to the engine. sounds like a vacuum leak, or the moisture is affecting the engine in some way, a bad wire perhaps, not sure, but make sure the engine is running when you spray it, and be sure to note if the idle changes....let me know what happened