1999 ford escort .Can't get the back seat to unhook to take bottom half out.Want to get at the gas guage.

Asked by Oct 17, 2012 at 06:22 AM

I can see the black plastic holddown with two white spots that the wire loop from the seat fits into.

8,885

for the top: you sure it has to be removed? for the bottom: get in the back seat, (facing the rear), brace yourself against the front seat and use your knee to push the rear seat backwards, (split the difference between the center and end of the cushion) on both sides, there are 2 "latches". may seem difficult, as they are not commonly used.