I have an Audi A4 2.6 triptronic, 1998 model. I need to top up transmission oil but don't know how, can you please help me??. Regards Dennis

Asked by Oct 16, 2012 at 09:51 AM

5,275

Make sure the vehicle is perfectly level. Remove the automatic transmission fluid oil pan fill plug. Using a pump (special tool VAG 1924 or similar) fill the oil pan with the automatic transmission fluid until it runs out. Reinstall the Audi automatic transmission fluid oil fill plug hand tight. Start the car and with your foot pressed down on the brake pedal, shift the transmission selector in each gear for about 10 seconds. Note: Don't drive the car. Remove the oil fill plug while the car is at an idle and add more automatic transmission fluid until it runs out. It is critical to obtain the proper automatic transmission fluid level to prevent transmission shifting problems especially with tiptronic transmissions.