how do i fix my drive by wire i have a 2005 dodge ram 1500 4x4 4 door truck and it cuts out on me while driven can i have it reprogrammed or do i have to buy a new unit for iti know when i drive down the road and it cuts out and i pull over to rerstart it wont start unless i turn the key all of the way off and back on to the on position only and push on the gas pedal down and then let it back up it will start rite back up that is the way to reset the throttle and it does work but there has to be a point when it is not gunna work anymore so what do i do

500

Asked by Oct 07, 2012 at 03:56 AM

truck cutten out and not restarting unless i reset the throttle with the gas pedal and when this happens the little thunder bolt dash light comes on its the only time i see that light ever and when it does this my service engine soon light comes on to how do i fix this drive by wire problem please help me

1,090

throttle position sensor

Best Answer
500

i dont have one of those its a drive by wire

1,090

sorry! First thing I thought of was the (TPS) Check battery for corrosion and alternator for output the lightning bolt is the throttle body drive by wire system.. double check the power connections to the TB. and yes low voltage issue could be affecting your PCM and TB

500

ok i ll check it all out like i said it dont do it all the time maybe loose cable also i ll will check it out and let u know could help someone else reading this to,i really like this site i think i will stay on here maybe i can help someone to im kinda old school when it comes to cars this new stuff really messes me up when it comes to worken on them older cars nothen i cant do thank god i know how to work on my old chevelle thanks again for ur help