what do they call the metal plate that is about the size of a charge card that came with the owners manual, and was stamped with information like that found on the build sheet?

Asked by Sep 24, 2012 at 04:37 PM

Question type: General

1 Answer


Back in the day, General Motors called it a Protecto-Plate. It was used for warranty work, etc. /RZ

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions


Search General Questions

General Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 49,370
Reputation 39,940
#3 tenspeed
Reputation 16,920
View All

Content submitted by Users is not endorsed by CarGurus, does not express the opinions of CarGurus, and should not be considered reviewed, screened, or approved by CarGurus. Please refer to CarGurus Terms of Use.