What does Crossover refer to when listing Body Types?

Asked by Sep 21, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Question type: Shopping & Pricing

2 Answers


Body types are usually two or four-door sedan, coupe, hardtop, convertible, station wagon, etc. A crossover is usually considered to be half way between a mini-van (5 to 7 passengers on roads only) and an SUV (Sport Utility Vehicle, five or six passengers with some off-road capability - higher ground clearance). A crosssover would have 5 to 7 passengers with some off-road capability, but not as much as an SUV because it doesn't have the higher ground clearance and stronger construction of an SUV. The lines are becoming blurred as some SUVs are becoming more like crossovers.


A lot of crossovers have 3 row seating that can be folded down (hence making it a 7 pax vehicle).

Your Answer

Add photo

Related Questions

Get More Money for Your Car
Be seen by 20 million shoppers. Create Your Free Listing


Search Shopping & Pricing Questions

Shopping & Pricing Experts

#1 Tom Demyan
Tom Demyan
Reputation 14,770
Reputation 5,310
#3 F_O_R
Reputation 4,600
View All